Launched in 2017, Kandymusa.com is a space that create an experience that inspires my followers to try my northern recipes from my urban kitchen, it's a community of like-minded individuals that want to get inspiration, learn, connect and share their experiences with others, in areas such as fashion, food and life in general.
This journey began 6 years ago with a solely fashion blog, as a project during my undergraduate years at university. Even though I studied Business Information Technology & International Relations, and have a Masters degree in Information Technology, fashion has always been an essential part of my life, that's where my creative side lies. I believe that we can make art with clothes, where I see myself as the artist, the body as the canvas and the clothes as the colours.
Being Nigerian and having lived in the UK for 10 years, I usually find myself making northern dishes so that I can feel closer to home. Cooking has turned out to be one of my passions as well, surprisingly!
There's a freedom I find when I'm preparing food, especially when it's for someone else; I consider it loving and humane. We have an amazing culture, full of delicious dishes that I will share with my followers on this platform with the hope to inspire someone.
I believe we all have a story to tell through our lifestyles and experiences, so welcome to mine and thank you so much for stopping by, you are very much welcome to explore, I hope I inspire you and I hope you find it interesting and learn a thing or two. Please feel free to share and keep coming back for more.
20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME!!!
- My name is not a nickname; it is a native name of Bajju tribe in Kaduna state Nigeria, and it is not pronounced candy like a lot of people call me.
- I am 5’5ins tall (I am not short like a lot of people say I am).
- My favourite place to visit is my village Zonkwa in Kaduna state. (Irreplaceable memories made with my family)
- I am a tea lover; I drink tea through the day regardless of the season.
- My favourite food is Indomie. (Serve me this breakfast, lunch and dinner) shocking i know coming from someone that loves to cook.
- My favourite TV show of all time is friends (If you haven’t watched this then you are really boring)
- My favourite movie is the sound of music (I am generally a musical movies lover but nothing beats the classical ‘sound of music’)
- I don’t know how to swim (I’m not ashamed to say it)
- I am terrified of cats. (Because I come from a country were a lot of people associate them with evil)
- I use to have a dog called 'one chain' (So lame, I know!) sadly he died.
- I have been arrested before in Nigeria for doing nothing.
- I can’t dance!
- I love piercings, I have 10 and counting.
- I don’t drink (tried it before), neither do I smoke.
- I love Arsenal football club.
- I brush my teeth twice a day but 6 times in total (figure it out)
- I haven’t drunk any fizzy drink in 8 years (so proud of myself)
- I hate clubbing (sweaty annoying people rubbing it off on me)
- I’m terrified of rats (disgusting little creatures).
- I speak 2 languages Hausa and English.
Bonus. I am terrified of roller coasters; I feel like I’m going to die when I get on it (Literally). Mind you I have only been on one.
My name is kandy Musa, you are welcome to my blog. feel free to explore and I hope you get inspired. read more about me here
STAY IN THE FLOW!